Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lily Elise - Taken

Bay Area native Lily Elise, who is probably best known for being a contestant on Season 1 of NBC's The Voice and/or also being featured as a guest vocalist on Canadian electronic music producer and DJ Felix Cartal's incredible 2014 single, "Let It Go" has just unveiled a new single of her own called "Taken", which was produced by Felix Snow (SZA, Gallant, Nicole Sherzinger) and serves as the title track from Elise's forthcoming five-song debut EP due out later this year. The EP also consists of collaborations with Dan Nigro (Sky Ferreira, AlunaGeorge, Twin Shadow), Mighty Mike (Dojo, Sirah, Kelly Clarkson) and Erik Belz & Danny Score (Jez Dior), just to name a few.

Elise tells Billboard, who premiered the single earlier today:
"'Taken' is the breakup song of the EP. Growing up, my grandma always said to me, 'The space for what you want, is being taken by what you settled for.' What I've always wanted, with a deep sense of certainty, is to share my music and my voice with the world. Because of that I've always been extremely focused on music, which doesn't leave much room for love. It wedged a divide in the relationship, and we grew further apart as he realized he would never mean more to me than my music. Hopefully I find someone someday that does, but he wasn't that person. I wrote 'Taken' with Jenn Deciliveo as a piano ballad and Felix Snow brought the song to life with his production."
Listen to "Taken" below.



Also be sure to check out Lily Elise's previously released singles, "Suitcases" and "Generator", both of which will also be featured on her forthcoming debut EP.




"Taken" is available now on iTunes.

http://www.lilyelise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment